Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Thoughts

Finally some beautiful weather so I did something dangerous. I laid out in the sun without sunscreen. I know it's bad and I'll get skin cancer, etc. but it felt great! I've got a wedding to go to this weekend and I don't like using the self tanner stuff. I can never get it to look natural and then it comes off on your clothes. I don't want to look all orange and streaky.

A couple of weeks ago I got some sun and though I looked pretty good. I'm all like I look good with just a hint of sun. That was until I went to work. I had at least 3 different people come up to me and say "What's wrong?" I"m like, "What?" They all said "Your face is all red." So much for looking good. That's also the day I thought I was having a good hair day and actually said that to my husband who responded "Why would you think that?" I am so not kidding.

The other day at the store there was an elderly woman who came in and she was wearing this strange hat. Strange in that it just looked odd on someone her age. Then she turned to the side and there it was, a big Bratz logo. Yes, she was wearing a Bratz hat. Of course, that made me think of questions to ask her,
1. Are you wearing that on a dare?
2. How did you choose between Bratz and Hannah Montana?
3. Did you not notice you were in the preteen dept?

So that got me to thinking. Maybe the Bratz dolls are missing a whole market. They could make elderly Bratz dolls. You know, like Hip Replacement Hildy. She'll come with a walker that has sequins and sparkles all over it and she'll look like that woman Magda from Something About Mary. Her boyfriend will be Lou and he'll have pants up to his armpits, a removable toupee and hair growing out of his ears. That is definitely an untapped market.

Elle

No comments: